This policy will be effective from January 1, 2018.
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Vieworks collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond inquiries on product and service
- To provide quotation
- To provide requested materials etc.
2. Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect
Vieworks collects following personal information:
- Items: Country / Company name / Email address
- Method: Vieworks websites (www.vieworks.com). However, access IP information may be collected during the use of the service.
3. Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
Vieworks destroys the information without delay after collecting and using personal information. Except the following case under the related laws:
- Record regarding contract or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- Record on payment and supply of goods: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- Record on consumer complaint or dispute treatment: 3 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- Record on collection/process, and use of credit information: 3 years (The Act on Use and Protection of Credit Information)
- Record on sign/advertisement: 6 months(The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- Log record of users such as internet/data detecting the place of user connection: 3 months(The Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
- Other data for checking communication facts: 12 months (The Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
4. Third Party Provision of Personal Information
In general, Vieworks uses personal information within the scope of collection purposes and does not use or disclose personal information to third parties more than the scope. However, except in the following cases
- If separate consent from the information subject is received
- If there are special regulations in other laws that pertain to the situation
- If the information subject or its legal representative is in a state where he/she is unable to express his/her intention or is unable to obtain prior consent, such as an unknown address, it shall be clearly stated as necessary for the benefit of the information subject or third party’s imminent life and health
- If it is deemed necessary for profit
- Providing personal information in an unrecognizable form when it is necessary for statistical writing and academic research purposes
5. A Consignment of Personal Information Handling Duties
For providing better services, Vieworks commissions external professional companies (subcontractors) to process personal information as follows. In commissioning process of personal information, in order to secure safety of personal information, Vieworks supervises and ensures to expressly state in the agreement with subcontractors so that those subcontractors will safely process personal information by strictly complying with directions regarding personal information protection, keeping personal information secret, not disclosing it to a 3rd party and being liable for accidents and returning or destructing personal information upon termination of the commission or process.
- Subcontractor: Paper Communications
- Commissioned Service: Websites system development and maintenance
- Consignment Period: Until the end of the consignment contract.
6. Users’ Rights to Access and Option
All information entities may require that their personal information handled by Vieworks be viewed, corrected, deleted and suspended. If you can contact our data protection officer via email, we will take such action without hesitation. Your personal information will not be used and disclosed to anywhere else until the modification is done. However, Vieworks may refuse or restrict such requests under the following circumstances:
- If there is a risk of harming another person’s life or body, or there is a risk of unjustifiable infringement of the property or other interests of another person
- If there is a possibility of causing significant damage to the company’s business
- If there is a special provision in the law or it is inevitable to comply with statutory obligations
7. Method of Destroying Personal Information
In general, Vieworks will promptly destroy the collected personal information. However, Vieworks may retain personal information for certain period as they are required to retain by the related laws and regulations.
- Process: After the achievement of the purpose of use and retention period, we will destroy the collected personal information.
- Method: Electronic files – permanent deletion in a way that cannot be restored.
8. Matters Concerning the Installation, Operation, and Rejection of the Automatic Collection Device of Personal Information
- Analyze the frequency of access and visitation time to identify the user’s preferences and interests and trace their movements when on the site
- Targeted marketing and personalized service through understanding the degree of participation in various events and the number of visits
- You have the option of installing cookies. Therefore, by setting options in your web browser, you can allow all cookies, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies. If you want to change the options, please refer to your web browser tools > internet options > privacy tab.
9. Data Protection Officer
In order to protect personal information and to deal with complaints of information related to personal information, Vieworks has specified the person responsible for personal information protection as follows:
- Personal Information Protection Officer: Hyunsuk Jang
- Department: Strategic planning department
- Phone: (+82) 70-7011-6166
- Fax: (+82) 31-386-8631
- Email: email@example.com
- Your inquiries will be delivered to the relevant team and Vieworks will promptly respond to your request.
10. Measures to Ensure the Security of Personal Information
In order to prevent personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in handling personal information, Vieworks takes the following safety measures:
- Execute the self-audits regularly
- Provide education and training for staffs treating personal information
- Establish and execute an internal management plan
- Establish anti-virus programs to take preventive measures against computer viruses
- Use intrusion prevention system to prevent such as hacking
- Classify the level of authority to access to a personal information processing system
11. Mandatory Notice